tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Regarding PCAP versions

From: Chandru S <chandru.rams () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:48:33 +0530

Hi All,

Thanks for information!!

But I have concern about pcap_complie() function.Can anyone provide more
information on that issue.

In pcap_compile()

We are calling a function

  program->bf_insns = icode_to_fcode(root, &len);
  program->bf_len = len;
The function :

struct bpf_insn *
icode_to_fcode(root, lenp)
        struct block *root;
        int *lenp;
{
        int n;
        struct bpf_insn *fp;
        /*
         * Loop doing convert_code_r() until no branches remain
         * with too-large offsets.
         */
        while (1) {
            unMarkAll();
            n = *lenp = count_stmts(root);
            *fp = (struct bpf_insn *)malloc(sizeof(*fp) * n);
*            if (fp == NULL)
                    bpf_error("malloc");
            memset((char *)fp, 0, sizeof(*fp) * n);
            fstart = fp;
            ftail = fp + n;
          unMarkAll();
            if (convert_code_r(root))
                break;
            free(fp);
        }
        return fp;
}

The malloc is done here .But i was not abe to find the freeing of this
structure pointer.Can anyone giev suggestion about this issues??

Regards,
Chandru S