tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: How to print BOOTP/DHCP packets

From: Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 15:52:50 +0000

On 2009-05-07 14:34, Javier Gálvez Guerrero wrote:
I want to get the information included in bootp/dhcp packets captured
through tcpdump. I tried adding -v, -vv and -vvv options to the issued
command but all the information I got was like this:

pike:/home/dulceangustia/tcpdump-4.0.0# tcpdump -i ra0 port bootps -vvv
tcpdump: listening on ra0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 96
bytes

Try bumping up your snapshot size with the -s option.

--
Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
NOAA Computer Incident Response Team (N-CIRT) <ncirt () noaa gov>