tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: NSEC magic number in savefile.c

From: Pierre KARAMPOURNIS <pkarampournis () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:01:52 -0400

Hi,

I agree that the modification I want to do is modifying the behaviour of
libpcap in a way that the compatibility can't be assured.

What I planned to do was creating a new compilation macro which will be
defined if the user wants it (e.g. ./configure --enable-nsec-timestamp) that
will modify the pcap_open_offline() function if the macro is defined in
order to support nanosecond timestamps ONLY.

Since I am not really familiar with the open source world I wanted to know
if such a modification could be allowed in the main branch of libpcap or as
a plugin.

Thank you