tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Should the default snapshot length in tcpdump be 65535?

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:49:38 -0500

"Guy" == Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> writes:
    Guy> The "tcp" in "tcpdump" is a bit old - people use it for doing
    Guy> more than just looking at TCP headers these days - and it

  I wanted to release a program called "netdump" which would use
libnetdissect, and start anew option-wise.  We have lots of overlapping
and confusing option letters on tcpdump.
  It would be tcpdump with a different main().

--
]     Y'avait une poule de jammé dans l'muffler!!!!!!!!!        |  firewalls  [
] mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.