tcpdump mailing list archives

Problems with two threads capturing on different interfaces

From: Johan Mazel <johan.mazel () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:46:08 +0100

Hi
I'm trying to use libpcap to capture packets on two interfaces (eth0 and
wlan0).
My problem is that packets are only captured in the wlan0 thread.
Both threads are launched but I don't understand why the only active thread
is the one on wlan0.

I try to not launch the thread on wlan0 to check wether the one eth0 work,
and it's the case.
I also tried to wait a few seconds before initializing and launching the two
threads but it doesn't change anything.
Each one of these thread works separetly but when they are launched
together, only the wlan0 thread works.
It mays be a problem of scheduling but I have no idea how to fix it.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Johan Mazel
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.