tcpdump mailing list archives

Problems with 'any' device

From: "Lidwa, Eric (GSFC-582.0)[SGT]" <Eric.Lidwa-1 () nasa gov>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:19:56 -0600

This bug was introduced in the latest release of libpcap. I checked the version before 0.9.8 and the bug was not
present.

It seems that in pcap-linux.c in activate_new the wrong socket is being created. Before the socket is created I set
device variable to null if it is set to 'any' and that fixed the problem.

/* device should be set to NULL if 'any' */
if (strcmp(device, "any") == 0)
    device = NULL;

I cannot submit the patch, could somebody please put the fix in.

Regards,
Eric