tcpdump mailing list archives

libpcap build problem

From: "Tron McConnell" <tmcconnell () ieee org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 19:22:07 -0500

When attempting to build libpcap 1.0.0 under Slackware 12.2, compilation of
the

file pcap-linux.c fails with a structure redefinition error.  This occurs
because

pcap-linux.c includes the file /usr/include/net/if.h and then includes the
file

usr/include/linux/wireless.h, which, in turn, includes
/usr/include/linux/if.h.  The

two different "if.h" files each define the structures ifmap, ifreq, and
ifconf, which

results in the compile error.

Do you have a suggestion as to how I should resolve this issue?  There are
several

approaches I could take, and not knowing your team's development philosophy,

I would like to avoid making a change locally which would conflict with your

ultimate correction of this issue.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for your assistance,

Tron McConnell

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.