tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Multiple pcap filters on interface

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:40:01 -0700

On Oct 7, 2008, at 1:07 PM, Jim Mellander wrote:

All of the above are attempts to overcome the 'one filter per interface
per process' model that I believe libpcap imposes

So why does it need overcoming? A filter says "only deliver me packets that match the following"; would multiple packets mean "deliver me packets that match any of the following", in which case that reduces to one filter (a || b || c ...), or "deliver me packets that match all of the following", in which case that reduces to one filter (a && b && c ...), or something else?
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.