tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Protocol headers-only capture?

From: Dustin Spicuzza <dustin () virtualroadside com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:58:09 -0500

Guy Harris wrote:

On Dec 17, 2008, at 2:30 PM, Dustin Spicuzza wrote:

Speaking of which, is there something in tcpdump that can figure out how
long the header is... I see that the printers figure out this
information, but its not done separately as far as I can see.

No, it's not.

If you could have the various link layers' if_print routines do
everything they do except for printing anything - or calling any other
printer routines - that'd do the job.

Thats true. Sounds a bit more invasive/time-consuming than what I wanted
to do originally.. I'll play with it this weekend if I have more time.
Thanks.

Dustin

--
Innovation is just a problem away