tcpdump mailing list archives

subscribe to tcpdump-workers"why information fi filtered files is difference?"

From: mahdi yazdanpanah <mehdiyazdan_n () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:18:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi
I have problem with tcpdump:
i capture  tcp packet and write them to file without filter. when again i read this file and filter "syn or fin or rst"
paccket in another file i find that the sequence number's field in this file different  with  sequence number (that
their flags are syn, fin or rst) of source file.
 i use this order:

tcpdump  -U -i eth1 -r /sample
'tcp[tcpflags]&(tcp-syn|tcp-fin|tcp-rst)!=0why happen this occurence? and can i them equvalent?thank you very
much.execuse me becuase my english language  is not good.

      New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!
http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/aa/-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.