tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [patch] zerocopy bpf for libpcap

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 01:00:32 -0700

On Sep 12, 2008, at 6:30 AM, Christian Peron wrote:

I have included a patch for review.  This adds zero-copy bpf support
to libpcap.  It should be noted that I've tried to incorporate all
the feedback that I recieved after the previous submission.

Looks good.

I've checked it into the main and 1.0 branches, with some changes (fixed one un-closed comment, and cleaned up the configure script a bit - you might want to test it to make sure it works correctly).

Also, note that there's an API to set the buffer size; perhaps, if that API was called - i.e., if p->opt.buffer_size is non-zero - it should set the mapped buffer size based on that. -
This is the tcpdump-workers list.