tcpdump mailing list archives

installation of shared libraries for libpcap

From: "Adamiec, Larry" <Ladamiec () kentlaw edu>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 10:05:45 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to install libpcap-0.9.8 on a Sun SPARC Solaris 9 server.  I
need to install it with shared libraries.

I use the following sequence of commands.

./configure --enable-shared
make
make install

However, the only library I can find is /usr/local/lib/libpcap.a.  I
need the /usr/local/lib/libpcap.so library.  All the documentation says
I am configuring things correctly, but, I must be doing something wrong
because it is not working.

I have also tried the following sequence of commands without success.

./configure
make install-shared

./configure --enable-shared
make install-shared

./configure --enable-shared
make
make install-shared

I am using the GNU version of make, version 3.81.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Larry Adamiec
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.