tcpdump mailing list archives

Register leak in libpcap 0.9.7

From: "Bruce Keats" <brucekeats () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:41:32 -0400

I have a program that is listening on a radio tap interface that is using
libpcap.  It occasionally changes the BPF something like "ether host
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx".  If the program has been running for awhile, I see the
following error message:
"too many registers needed to evaluate expression"  If I try the expression
within tcpdump itself, I know that the expression succeeds.

I had a quick look through gencode.c and I noticed that
gen_radiotap_llprefixlen() seems to allocate register, but I can't seem to
find a place for the corresponding free.

I have attached a simple c++ program that can reproduce the problem.

Is there a fix for this issue?

Bruce
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.