tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Fix pcap-linux.c compilation with non-glibc

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:25:25 -0700

On Mar 1, 2008, at 6:10 AM, Kris Katterjohn wrote:

Bruce M Simpson wrote:

| You might want to look in XORP for a fairly rigorous set of
| platform-independent autoconf tests, including (if memory serves me
| right) socklen_t.

Thanks, but my check should be platform-independent as well.

...except for Windows, which the XORP script handles and yours doesn't (if the extra stuff they do is necessary). However, our configure script currently doesn't support Windows anyway (it doesn't, for example, select pcap-win32.c), so that's not relevant to us.

Other than that, the only significant differences I saw between the XORP test and your test were:

1) your test didn't pass a third argument to AC_DEFINE, XORP's did - I had to add it to yours, as the newer versions of autoconf appear to require it;

2) your test used AC_TRY_COMPILE, theirs used AC_CHECK_TYPE - theirs is a little simpler, but I wasn't sure what the XORP license was, so I didn't know what would be involved in using theirs. (I might be tempted to use AC_CHECK_TYPES, instead, as that would obviate the need to even use AC_DEFINE, I think.)

I've checked in your change.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.