tcpdump mailing list archives

pcap_open_offline() and filtering problems

From: Zapotek <zapotek () segfault gr>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:24:28 +0200

Hi to the list,

I've been working an a CDP sniffer and during its development I noticed that filters didn't apply
on packets read from PCAP dumpfiles.

I double checked my code to make sure it wasn't a stupid race condition I had missed but I couldn't find anything.

Unfortunately the code is rather large so I won't attach it to this message.

You can get it using:
svn co svn://segfault.gr/CDPSnarf/trunk cdpsnarf

Or browse the source from: http://websvn.segfault.gr/listing.php?repname=SegFault&path=%2FCDPSnarf%2Ftrunk%2F&rev=0

The problem is in the "main()" function of "cdpsnarf.c".

I realise that this is a bit off-topic but I posted it here in case it was bug.
I'm using libpcap0.8.

Thank you in advance,
Zapotek.
-