tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: About some libpcap patches

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:34:10 -0600

Michael Richardson <mcr <at> sandelman.ottawa.on.ca> wrote:
"Luis" == Luis Martin <luis.mgarc <at> gmail.com> writes:
    >>> I got interested in libpcap's code, so I browsed and then
    >>> submitted a couple patches to the sourceforge.net patch system
    >>> last week (I'll probably check it out some more, but I haven't
    >>> had more time).

    >> In my [little] experience this is the best place to post patches
    >> to, even if the web site tell it different :-)

    Luis> I agree, the website should probably tell people to send
    Luis> patches to both, sourceforge and the list. What do you think?

  It's best if people post the patch to the sourceforge site if they
want, as it is more likely that the patch is intact.
  However, it's very important to post a note to the list explaining
what and why.

Well, for these two patches, are my descriptions good over there? I think I explained it well enough, just in the wrong place :)

Sorry if this thread gets badly threaded, I'm not subscribed to tcpdump-workers so I had to copy-and-paste. Please CC on any reply.

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.