tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap patches for DLT_SITA support

From: "Fulko Hew" <fulko.hew () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:34:49 -0400

Let me try sending this again, except with a compressed patch
file so it gets through the mailing list's size checker!

------------------------

Attached is patch file for enabling DLT_SITA support in libpcap.
(so that it can be included in the imminent 1.0 release.)

The patch file was created by fetching the latest CVS (from Oct 19)
and doing a:
LC_ALL=C TZ=UTC0 diff -Naur libpcap.cvs.master libpcap > libpcap.sita.patch

I then tested it by applying that patch file to a virgin copy
of the CVS version with:
  patch < libpcap.sita.patch

I tested the patched libpcap itself, by running 'configure'
(to rebuild a standard Linux version) and then did it
again with 'configure --with-sita' (to rebuild _my_ version)...
and both worked.

The patchset includes a README.sita file and pcap-sita.html
that describes the changes/features/enhancements.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.