tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: New DLT_ value request

From: "Fulko Hew" <fulko.hew () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 20:38:10 -0500

On Dec 21, 2007 8:27 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

On Dec 20, 2007, at 4:30 AM, Will Barker wrote:

...and 4 bytes long, as per the earlier discussion, or just 1 byte
(or
2 bytes)?

We may as well make it just 1 byte since it only can specify 2
alternative
values!

OK, I added:

       DLT_PPP_WITH_DIR        204     /* PPP */
       DLT_C_HDLC_WITH_DIR     205     /* Cisco HDLC */
       DLT_FRELAY_WITH_DIR     206     /* Frame Relay */
       DLT_LAPB_WITH_DIR       207     /* LAPB */

FYI.

The direction byte is one of the sub-features of the SITA DLT type.
But I've also added bits for WAN signaling information for both
transmit and receive messages.

Now I currently support only LAPB and frame relay, plus some other protocols
it would be easy to add C_HDLC and PPP to the SITA DLT protocol sub-type.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.