tcpdump mailing list archives

libpcap++

From: "David Rosal" <david.3r () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 23:04:28 +0100

Hi there.

I just wanted you to know that I started writing a C++ wrapper for libpcap.

At the moment it's just a C++ interface to the C API, without adding any new
feature to libpcap.

Though it is usable on Linux, there's not any official release yet, and I
don't plan to make any in the near future. I am not an expert in networking
programming, and I simply cannot take such responsability for now. Moreover,
I won't make it publicly available unless the libpcap developers find it
acceptable.

The code is documented using Doxygen, so you will easyly get an idea of how
the library is organized. There's a pointer to the documentation and a
browsable SVN repository in the web page -->
http://libpcappp.sourceforge.net

Please, I would greatly appreciate any comment regarding my work.

Thanks.

--
~david
-