tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Getting TCP packet payload length with pcap

From: "Luis Martín García" <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:31:21 +0200

The only difference between the structure definitions that you are using and
the sniffex_XXX ones is probably the name of the structure members. The
process detailed in
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/2005/05/msg00021.html is correct, just
check that you translate the struct member names to the equivalents for
netinet/ip.h etc.

Regards,

Luis.

NOTE: You might want to know that there are two ways to define a tcp
structure, the Linux way and the BSD way. You are probably using the Linux
definition 'cause the BSD one matches the sniff_tcp, check wikipedia entry
"tcphdr" for more information.