tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump 3.9.8 / libpcap 0.9.8 releases coming

From: Ken Bantoft <ken () xelerance com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:28:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Pekka Savola wrote:

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Ken Bantoft wrote:
Just a heads up - we're releasing 3.9.8 / 0.9.8 this week, currently based
off CVS as of 2007-09-13 00:00 GMT.

This will probably be the last of the 3.x.x/0.x.x releases - check your
archives for "tcpdump 4.xx preperations" email of 2007-08-31 for details of
the changes for 4.x.x and 1.x.x that are in the works.

It'd be great to have a fix to issues described in "IP length vs IP6 length
inconsistency" threads earlier on the list..

I read through the thread, but didn't see any fixes submitted - I believe
the verdict is still out on how best to handle it.

Ken
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.