tcpdump mailing list archives

Add jNetPcap to "related projects"

From: "Mark Bednarczyk" <voytechs () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:41:41 -0400

Would it be possible to add my open source project jNetPcap to "releated
projects" section on tcpdump.org website?

Project website: http://jnetpcap.sf.net
SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jnetpcap

jNetPcap is a java wrapper around entire libpcap API. I just made a the
latest release which adds linux support, a rpm is provided for download. The
java API uses nearly identical programming style of libpcap with calls named
very similarly. Only minor changes where made to confrom to Java naming
conventions.  All C structures are peered and functions proxies. WinPcap is
also provided as an extension (as a java sub-package org.jnetpcap.winpcap)
on win32 platforms.

Here is a quick link to an example written in java, that demonstrates the
"Classic" libpcap usage I've seen in every tutorial and article written on
libpcap.

http://jnetpcap.sourceforge.net/?q=node/51

As a future enhancement, I plan on exposing a few internal "tcpdump"
functions as an extension to the jnetpcap library which will provide some
rudimentary decoding capabilities of packets. But for now, a major milestone
has been reached with this latest release as all of libpcap functions are
supported on win32 and linux platforms.

Cheers,
mark....

-