tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: supplying patches to libpcap

From: Saikiran Madugula <hummerbliss () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:28:44 -0400

autoheader and autoconf should be sufficient ?

Thanks,
Saikiran.

Guy Harris wrote:
Fulko Hew wrote:
I am about to provide a patchset for supporting my newly added DLT type.
Since my changes also involve a minor change to 'configure.in', is it my
responsibility to provide patches 'configure' as well?

No.

or does someone
else run the appropriate utilities (aclocal; autoconf; autoheader; automake)

We don't use automake, but we do use the others; autoreconf is sufficient to do all the appropriate stuff for you.

to rebuild the appropriate files as part of updating CVS?

Yes (at least I do, and I think other people checking in changes do so as well; they should).
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.