tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Capturing a "clean" TCP stream

From: "Sivakumar Ramagopal" <ramagopa () etek chalmers se>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 07:29:27 +0200 (CEST)

Maybe you could try using Ethereal's libraries. I think it can group TCP
connections (conversations in Ethereal's terminology) which might be of
use to you.

Regards,
Shiva

Hi,

I'm a new user of libpcap.

I am writing a program that is intended to monitor the requests made to
a server from various clients. I am using libpcap to capture all
packets directed to the server's IP and need to parse the _payload_ of
the TCP stream (i.e. isolate the application protocol messages,
discarding TCP retransmissions). I am currently parsing the TCP header
using sequence/ack fields to detect retransmissions and extract
payload. Could one suggest a better approach to this?
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.