tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: USB support in libpcap

From: "Jon Smirl" <jonsmirl () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 10:38:47 -0400

On 4/2/07, Abeni Paolo <paolo.abeni () telecomitalia it> wrote:
on Sun 4/1/2007 11:46 PM Guy Harris wrote:
> Paolo, do you have any comments on the changes?

The only issue I see is the following:

urb_len is the size of the buffer for receiving data. Most of the time
the reply and the receive buffer are the same size.  But urb_len could
be set to a fixed 1K buffer and only 200 bytes of data are in the
reply. I had to change this to keep Wireshark from decoding
uninitialized RAM.

I think that the following line is not good:
622c693
<       pkth.len = info.hdr->urb_len + sizeof(pcap_usb_header);
---
>       pkth.len = info.hdr->data_len + sizeof(pcap_usb_header);

The 'packet length' (that is: the length of the URB associated to the current usbmon event) is definitive
info.hdr->urb_len + sizeof(pcap_usb_header), while the latter is the number of bytes effectively available.

ciao,

Paolo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If
you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it
immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to
webmaster () telecomitalia it.

        Thank you

                                        www.telecomitalia.it

--