tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request for a new DLT for MTP2 with FCS

From: Florent.Drouin () alcatel-lucent fr
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 19:44:12 +0100

I agree with you, the problem I am speaking about, seems to be a common
problem.
It is very difficult to differentiate a frame with FCS (Frame Check
Sequence) and a frame without, if we are just looking at the linktype.
But, with the current libpcap, I do not see other solutions, than using
different linktypes.

Is it really a problem to create new linktypes, just for such purpose ?
(I understood that the linktypes are coded on 4 bytes )

Regards
Florent

                      Stephen Donnelly

                      <stephen () endace com>                 To:      tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org

                      Sent by:                             cc:

                      tcpdump-workers-owner@lists.         Subject: Re: [tcpdump-workers] Request for a new DLT for
MTP2 with FCS
                      tcpdump.org

                      07/02/2007 05:37

                      Please respond to

                      tcpdump-workers

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 18:18 +0100, Florent.Drouin () alcatel-lucent fr