tcpdump mailing list archives

Byte count instead of packet count?

From: Olof Backing <olof.backing () tutus se>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:43:49 +0100

Well,
I've tried to search the 'net but came up failry empty handed with any decent solution for trying to use a byte counter instead of a packet dito. Since we all know that the packet length varies a lot, I thought that I wanted to have a byte size delimiter on my savefile. In that way I could say "give me 100GB of ethernet frames" and I would get close to that. Now I can only say "give me 100M of packets".

On the other hand - should I even bother?

thanks a lot, Olof
--
Tutus Data AB                             Phone: +46-8-551 102 33
Svärdvägen 11                             Mobile: +46-70-995 98 99

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.