tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: HTTP support in libpcap

From: Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:46:15 +0000

On 2006-10-30 03:05, Ian McDonald wrote:
On 10/29/06, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:
abakash wrote:
I am new to libpcap and just want to know whether libpcap has got any
http support in it i.e. whether I can extract http header information
from any packet.

You can, if you choose, write code to extract HTTP header information
from any TCP segment captured by libpcap that contains HTTP header
information and that was captured with a "snapshot length" long enough
to contain the header information in question.

Libpcap, however, won't do it for you; you will have to do it yourself.
-
libtrace from our research group might be able to help:
http://research.wand.net.nz/software/libtrace.php

Um, gee, is no one going to suggest wireshark?

--
Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
NOAA Computer Incident Response Team (N-CIRT) <ncirt () noaa gov>