tcpdump mailing list archives

What must be the linktype set to in Pcap if the the packets are to be captured from the unix socket

From: <santosh.soule () wipro com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:14:27 +0530

Hi,

If  the packet needs to be captured from the unix socket what must be
the linktype defined in the Pcap. I am writing the packets on to the
unix socket. And want to capture from it.
I am using pcap library for capturing. Pcap does'nt support's unix
sockets.

So I want to add support for unix socket to Pcap library. As pcap uses
DLT_xxx for identifying the type of interface and Linux uses the ARP
hardware type.
In case of unix socket what value should be given, is there any value
already defined. I dont have any idea about this.

What "DLT_LINUX_SLL" stands for. When it is used.

Please clarify.

Best Regards,
Santosh

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.