tcpdump mailing list archives

simple pcap-trace manipulation tools

From: Willem de Bruijn <wdebruij () dds nl>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:53:05 +0200

hi everyone,

I've had to work with libpcap quite a bit in the last years, during which I
found myself having to develop some tracefile-tools that might be of interest
to others as well. I don't make a habit of spamming, but figured this was
worth a single message to the list.

In a nutshell: pcap-enlarger blows up a tracefile by outputting each element
in the input stream multiple times (no timestamp adjustments),
pcap-endianness-switcher reverts endianness of a stream (obviously) and
pcap2rawstream purges pcap headers from traces to generate raw streams.
Again, they're pretty simple. If you could make use of these, get them at
http://www.few.vu.nl/~wdb/various/code/index.php#pcap . Naturally, this is
all open-source.

cheers,

Willem de Bruijn