tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: RFC: 802.11 capture patch

From: David Young <dyoung () pobox com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:06:58 -0600

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 10:06:25PM -0600, David Young wrote:
This patch adds support for the extended rates 802.11 Information Element
(IE), changes a couple of u_char fields to u_int8_t, makes struct rates_t
store 15 rates (sort of arbitrary, that), and displays both truncated
SSIDs and rate sets.  Please review.  I hope to check it in, soon.

I almost completely rewrote the IE parser, parse_elements().  The old
one was unnecessarily complicated.  It also looked to me like it might
be susceptible to buffer overruns.

Oops.  Here is the patch.

Dave

--
dyoung () ojctech com      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.