tcpdump mailing list archives

PCAP: Distinguishing packets based on different senders ?

From: "J S" <geekreader () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:21:30 -0500

Hello-
I am using pcap library to capture packets from multiple hosts.
I am wondering if it is possible to distinguish the captured packets based
on their sender/reciever etc.
Obviously I can use a seperate process for each sender/reciever and have
them use different filters based on src or dst.

But is it possible to collect info for all the required packets and then
distinguish them based on their sender/reciever inside my pcap program (in
one process)?

Does pcap header contains information about sender/reciever or is it
possible to parse the header to get this info?

Thanks in advance
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.