tcpdump mailing list archives

tcpdump with Linux 2.6 and ipsec/ESP

From: Michael Mueller <m.mueller99 () kay-mueller de>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 10:19:21 +0200

Hi,

On Linux 2.6 Intel with a ipsec connection in tunnel mode I found that tcpdump shows incoming and outgoing ESP packets as expected. It also shows the incoming packets after they are decrypted (starting from behind the ESP header). But it does not show outgoing unencrypted packets which is a pity. (I had to use tcpdump -E, which needed a fix first. See my earlier posting.)

Is this a Linux or tcpdump / libpcap problem? Does anybody have some further details about it? Is there a more appropriate Linux list to send this question to?

Michael
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.