tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: HP-UX compiles - redux...

From: Rick Jones <rick.jones2 () hp com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:58:41 -0700

cc: "pcap-int.h", line 217: warning 573: Parameter list is inconsistent for "yylex".

What is the argument list that "yylex()" takes?

Honestly, I have no clue.

here is the diff for pcap-dlpi.c:

I've checked that in (with the code inside "#ifdef bogus"/"#endif" removed rather than #ifdeffed out),

that's fine - I wasn't sure what was the desired disposition of the code there - might have been that someone would want to pass an ebuf into that routine and take-out the snprintf in the caller.

> along with some changes that might
get rid of the compiler warnings - are there still warnings with version 1.106?

CVS? I know notink about CVS :) I presume it will appear in "current" tomorrow right?

(Ok, Sgt Schultz doesn't really translate well in global email :)

Does that code work when sending packets? (I think I have a test program for that at home that I can send you.)

since tcpdump didn't compile I didn't have occation to test libpcap.

now, there is an ip6_hdr in ip6.h. However, the inclusion of ip6.h is conditional on INET6:

#ifdef INET6
#include "ip6.h"
#endif

but none of that IPv6 stuff where the error hits is conditional on INET6. Without a TOUR installed, HP-UX 11.11 knows little to nothing about IPv6.

I'm not quite sure what to do to fix that code - if I should make it ifdef INET6 and return -1 as if it was an unknown IP version, or what.

I need to see what, if anything, still needs to be done in my attempt to get rid of the INET6 definition in tcpdump (so that the code is there regardless of whether the OS itself knows about IPv6), and get that checked in.

That might fix the problem.

FWIW, while I was looking at ip6.h, it _appeared_ that it might ass-u-me an existing defintion for in6_addr

rick jones
-