tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Changing filter condition dynamically works fine on Windows but fails on LINUX

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:04:32 -0700

On Jul 19, 2004, at 6:57 AM, Alex Narinsky wrote:

I need to change the filter condition dynamically.  So I have another
thread that changes filter expression.

This code works fine on Windows changing the filter condition. On LINUX
if I change a filter condition no packages come anymore through
pcap_next.

There might be a bug in the version of libpcap on that version of whatever Linux distribution you're running. What version of what distribution of Linux (*distribution* version, not *kernel* version) are you using, and what version of libpcap does it have?

As that's not on Windows, this should probably be discussed on tcpdump-workers, so I'm sending it there and setting the Reply-To: header appropriately.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.