tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: performance considerations

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:31:23 -0700

(Noise to trick the duplicate post recognize. Noise to trick the duplicate post recognizer. Pack my bag with five dozen liquor jugs.)

Shaun wrote:

> Or get a DAG card? Not sure if they support FreeBSD though.

    http://www.endace.com/faq.htm#linux

"Q: Do you support any other operating systems than Linux? Do you support BSD or Solaris?

A: Linux is the primary platform for the DAG product range, with robust support. A device driver and toolset is currently under development for FreeBSD, with a common user API. We have no plans to support other operating systems at this time."

The Endace people have contributed DAG support to libpcap for both Linux and FreeBSD.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.