tcpdump mailing list archives

Looking for advice to improve performance

From: "Price, Jason" <Jason.Price () thomson com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:10:49 -0600

I am trying to use tcpdump in conjunction with Shadow (on RedHat Advanced
Server 3) to log all data coming into our organization.  This is a very high
volume of data, and tcpdump seems unable to handle it.  Currently, about 40%
of incoming packets are being dropped by the kernel.

What are my options for improving the throughput of tcpdump?

I'm relatively new to the linux world, so be gentle...  :)

Jason
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe