tcpdump mailing list archives

Apple IP-over-IEEE1394

From: "Gisle Vanem" <giva () bgnett no>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:46:57 +0100

To me it looks like from reading the print-ap1394.c that it
handles "anything-over-IEEE1394" and not just IP.

I know next to nothing about IEEE-1394, so I'm a bit confused.
Why the emphasis on IP? Is that an industry mis-nomer?
Same goes for IP-over-Fibre channel.

BTW. How is ARP over IPFC printed? Seems it requires a LLC
header, but print-llc.c doesn't handle ARP.

BTW2. Is there an easy releationship between a 6-byte MAC addresses
and 8-byte EUI64 addresses used in IEEE-1394? If so, maybe we could
use names from '/etc/ethers' and with the extra 2 bytes appended.
Or do some systems have a '/etc/eui64' file?

--gv

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe