tcpdump mailing list archives

A little problem with libpcap & netfilter

From: Pierre BETOUIN <info16 () unsigned ath cx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:40:03 +0100

        Hi,

I'm coding a little app which grabs UDP packets. As i like libpcap :),
i've used it to do this job.
It works fine, but i've a little problem (in my case) : libpcap works
before netfilter hooks.

I capture them using pcap_loop. I just want to know if there is a way to
tell libpcap to work after netfilter hooks, in order to filter incoming
packets.

My wish is to limit the amount of incoming packets, because i'm afraid
of denial of services...

Thanks.

        Pierre

--