tcpdump mailing list archives

Building cvs on openbsd-3.4

From: Harry Putnam <reader () newsguy com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 07:54:07 -0600

[Cross post alert: This message is a reprint of a post on openbsd.misc
 mailling list - I hoped to get some tcpdump specific suggestions
 here ]
Running openbsd-3.4 (Snapshot of several wks ago]

I think this is a known problem but I don't see much recent traffic
about it here [openbsd-misc -ed].  And nothing I haven't tried cropped
up in few searches of this [openbsd -ed] groups archives.

I'm trying to build tcpdump from cvs (tcpdump cvs).  I get it built
and think its even using the right libraries (also built libpcap).

At least the few times it ran without a segfault I saw
tcpdump -V
   # /usr/local/sbin/tcpdump-3.*cvs -V
  tcpdump-3.8-cvs version 3.8
  libpcap version 0.8

And running the stock tcpdump in /usr/sbin I see:
  # /usr/sbin/tcpdump -V
  tcpdump version 3.4.0
  libpcap version 0.5

Any attempt to run it [cvs version -ed ].. other than tcpdump*cvs -V and I
get an immediate segfault:
  /usr/local/sbin/tcpdump*cvs
  Segmentation fault (core dumped)

What I was after here was the `-C' option to tcpdump which is
apparently disabled in the obsd-3.4 (snap) stock inclusion.

That option allows the creation of multiple files that are rotated
when a size given on command line is reached.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe