tcpdump mailing list archives

chroot and setuid [Re: OpenBSD work on Tcpdump privilege separation]

From: Pekka Savola <pekkas () netcore fi>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:58:52 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

This is my view on how chroot should be done (note: I haven't bothered
to add a cmd-line argument, if you think that should be added, it's
trivial), and the trivial setuid patch as well.

This doesn't try to automatically create directories or whatever, but
relies on the compile time option (e.g. /var/empty) but is IMHO better
in some sense.