tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap fails to compile on Tru64 5.1a

From: Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 21:01:35 +1100 (EST)

In some email I received from Guy Harris, sie wrote:
checking for limits.h... yes
checking netinet/if_ether.h usability... no
checking netinet/if_ether.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/if_ether.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to bug-autoconf () gnu org. ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------ ##
checking for netinet/if_ether.h... yes
checking for ether_hostton... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strlcpy... no

Is it bailing out (which I interpret as meaning failing), or just
whining and driving on?

Whining and driving on.

Darren
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe