tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Observing duplicate frame captures in TCPDUMP

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:05:38 -0800

On Dec 19, 2003, at 2:41 PM, Kraus, Jeffery wrote:

Whenever I run captures I always get every packet displayed twice. I have seen numerous emails regarding this issue, but no real fix. I am currently using eth4 as the capture interface and I do not have an IP address bound to
it.

On what OS are you running this?

Is the machine running tcpdump sending or receiving those packets, or is it just passively capturing other machines' traffic on a network?

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe