tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Doc on adding support for new protocols

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 02:00:10 -0800

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 09:03:38PM -0500, Puneet Sood wrote:
I am looking to add support for new protocols to tcpdump. I could not
find any clear documentation on how to go about this. I would be glad if
someone can point me to documentation for this purpose.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any; there probably isn't any.

It's another case of "read the source".  On top of what protocols will
your protocols run?  Look at the source to tcpdump print routines for
protocols that run at the same layer as yours.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe