tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap filter syntax

From: alex medvedev <alexm () pycckue org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:23:20 -0500 (CDT)

hallo,

see inline :)

-alexm
--
îÁÄÐÉÓØ ÎÁ ÍÏÇÉÌÅ ÁÓØËÅÒÁ: <ïÎ ÄÏÂÁ×ÉÌ ÍÉÒ × ÉÇÎÏÒ-ÌÉÓÔ>

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, M. Onur ERGiN wrote:
I am trying to forward some broadcasted packets in the
air. I set the filter as "port 2048", capture the
packet and broadcast it again. I want to do this once
per packet. but since I again send a packet to port
2048, it captures and sends it again and again in an
endless loop.

anyone having any idea about a better filter? like
"port 2048 and not originated by me(!)"... :)

maybe "port 2048 and not src your_source_ip_addr" ?

and is there a way to detect which ethX device is the
wireless one (in a C program)?

if it's linux with /proc, then check for /proc/net/wireless in the first
column :)
don't know otherwise.

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe