tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Retrieving payload

From: Justin Robinson <csmjmr () bath ac uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:03:26 +0100

I'm using the pcap library to write the code, and I was under the impression
that you could retrieve the payload from the captured packets?

On Tuesday 15 Jul 2003 08:09, Yuchung Cheng wrote:
On 07-14-2003, Justin Robinson wrote:
I'm writing some packet reading code that simply prints to stdin the HTTP
or NNTP conversations on an internet connection. I was wondering if I
could extract the payload information that shows the packet's contents
from the packet without worrying about the other headers?

If not.... how can I get the HTTP information from a packet that is sent
using TCP/IP over Ethernet?

AFAIK, tcpdump doesn't do this. try Google tcpflow, or ethereal "follow tcp
stream" function.

Yu-chung
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use
mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe

-