tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: pcap tools

From: Richard Sharpe <rsharpe () richardsharpe com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:35:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Michael Richardson wrote:

Peter> I was wondering if there were any tools out there which could
Peter> analyze a
Peter> pcap dump for errors, like retransmissions or other networking
Peter> funkiness.

  "xplot" looks at TCP streams and shows you the window size, and ACK
sequence. I know there are other tools, but I don't know their names.

  Did you look at: http://www.tcpdump.org/related.html

If I am not mistaken, Ronnie Sahlberg has added some neat retransmit and
sequence number analysis stuff to ethereal, and it has built-in graphs as
well.

Regards
-----

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe