tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: WinPcap

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:39:31 -0700

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 11:33 AM, Jason D. Enoch wrote:

I have run into an issue I believe related to WinPcap. I'm running Windows XP and WinPcap 3.0. WinDump 3.8 and Ethereal 9.14. More or less, for WinDump or Ethereal, my interfaces do not show up. When using WinDump, doing a 'windump
-D' gives me the following result...

windump: PacketGetAdapterNames: The operation completed successfully.

This is probably best directly asked of the WinPcap developers - they're the people who work on the packet.dll layer, which is the layer that the libpcap layer uses on Windows (just as on UNIX it uses various native OS mechanisms), and the problem is probably at that layer.

See

        http://winpcap.polito.it/contact.htm

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe