tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: change libpcap/tcpdump to MIT X11 license

From: Niklas Morberg <niklas.morberg () axis com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 10:26:14 +0200

Guy Harris <guy () netapp com> writes:

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 07:28:21PM -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:
okay, so we need to consult
             Steve McCanne
     Craig Leres
     Van Jacobson

I don't have current coordinates for them. Bill, do you?

Some Googling indicates that Steve McCanne is a co-founder and CTO at
NBT Technology:

      http://www.nbttech.com/

Van Jacobson is, when last I heard, Chief Scientist at Packet Design:

      http://www.packetdesign.com/company/van.html

Craig is, as far as I know, still at LBL:

      http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/leres/

and is, as I remember, on a mailing list I'm on.

Has there been any progress on this? Is there anything I
can do to help?

Sorry if I seem impatient; there have been external requests
for our locally developed tool which we cannot meet at the
moment due to the licensing problems.

Best regards,
Niklas Morberg

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe