tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: sniffer.c

From: Jose.Araujo () alcatel fr
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:41:36 +0100

On Linux, this constant is defined in net/ethernet.h
If you are working on Solaris, this length is hard-coded on netinet/if_ether.h to the value 6 !

Regards,
Jose
Le 30/01/2003 20:57, Derrick a écrit :

I've been looking for the sniffer.c file that the pcap.html documentation refers to. however none of the mirrors have this file nor the main www.tcpdump.org site.(arg!). I'm having problems with the structures that contain the TCP and IP headers. specifically

/* Ethernet header */
   struct sniff_ethernet {
   u_char ether_dhost[ETHER_ADDR_LEN]; /* Destination host address */
   u_char ether_shost[ETHER_ADDR_LEN]; /* Source host address */
   u_short ether_type; /* IP? ARP? RARP? etc */
};
ETHER_ADDR_LEN is not defined ANYWERE !!!
I'm new to network programming so finding this is has been difficult. I had hoped that finding the sniffer.c program would help unravel this mystery that every one else seams to know about...

Any help or pointers would be appreciated. or a link to sniffer.c would help ALOT!!!!!

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe